Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Homecoming Court

Last Saturday was Homecoming. On Friday night, we had the gala and that is a treat in itself.  Usually out of my element, but I have a blast when I get to socialize with lots of different people that love Randolph-Macon.   The campus was buzzing with alumni.  There were many special events and, for some, the first time they had seen all the construction on campus such as the Werner Pavillion and the new Day Field.  Homecoming is always a special time to re-connect with former students, players, and even parents.  One of our former player's Dad has a tailgate and has had one the last couple of years.  It is a great opportunity for the players to come and reminisce about  a particular game, practice, season, etc.  We saw them all from 1980 up to 2012 this year. I love to see them because chances are I get to talk with them more at the tailgate than I do at our annual Back to the Hive event.  Thanks for coming and thanks for the opportunity.   Here is a picture of a few of the former players who came.