Friday, March 16, 2012

Spring Break

A lot has happened since my last post. It is probably a good thing that I don't look at the date of the last one because then I will know I truly have been negligent in keeping up with the news about and within the program. So what has been going on since you last read? Well we ended our very quick season on a down note losing in the quarterfinal game of the ODAC tourney. Certainly not what any of us intended, but not a surprise to some who knew our inconsistencies throughout the year. The last game of the season, unless you win the National Tournament, will always end with a loss. That last game is a tough ending to all the hard work, time and energy each of us has put into the season and for four seniors--four years of their college life. These four seniors won 2-ODAC Championships (many players never win a Conference Championship), and had 2-NCAA post-season appearances. They accomplished many things during their career and they kept Randolph-Macon in the forefront of the Conference. I am going to miss their unique personalities and their contributions. I will always remember what they gave to the program.