Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving


We had a disappointing loss last night at Virginia Wesleyan; it was a tough way for us all to part and go our separate ways for Thanksgiving break. Today I was in the car for a good chunk of the day and I was replaying parts of the game over and over in my head. All that reflection got me more bummed, but as soon as I got home I had the chance to go to an elementary school for a third grade Thanksgiving party. I helped the kids put together turkey headbands. We had cupcakes and colored cornacopias. They were so happy and thankful for the cupcakes and to get some extra attention from the visitors in the classroom. Their school is in a very poor section of the city and these kids do not have very much. After they left for the day, I learned that two of the kids are homeless. Yet they were so thankful to be in school. A little perspective can go a long way. We are so fortunate to be able to represent R-MC and come together as a team each day working to achieve something special. So from all of us Yellow Jackets, Happy Thanksgiving!